Saturday, November 5, 2011

Soiree Birthday...

I needed a birthday card for Shelly (you know, the new mom to the cutie patootie owl!)  P.S. the owl's name is "Popsie".  Ok, so on to the card!  I bought some paper a while back to cover a box for my BFF Susan's birthday present, it's called Soiree Collage, and it's made by House of Three.  LOVE this paper!  So, obviously this paper is my entire focal point.  I'm not one to go totally over the top, but I thought this paper kind of screamed for it!  So, I added lots of stuff to it!  I started by using an exacto knife to cut a "pocket" at the top of the Celebrate label, I then placed my candles in the pocket and held them in place with glue dots.  The Star is a pin from Heidi Swapp, and I placed a dimensional on the back side of it to hold it in place and to protect the tip of the pin.  I used SU Daffodil pom pom trim, white taffeta ribbon, and a Tempting Turquoise button and a little rhinestone bling was placed into the center of the button.  I did have to stack 2 dimensionals on top of each other all the way around the card to help to give it a little extra space behind to allow for the extra bulk of the candles.  There is a bit of a wave to the paper, but it still turned out cute!  I haven't made a square card in a while, so this was a fun one to create.  Now, since this is a bit of an unconventional size, I needed a little help with the envelope, so I used a glassine sack.  I love the look of this too!
Once the card was inside, I punched 3 stars and layered those, added a little bling, and used my mono-adhesive on the back to create a "seal" for the envie.  Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment