Friday, November 18, 2011

Just Add Cake!

Last Friday was a friend of mine's birthday.  We celebrated her birthday on Tuesday at work, and I whipped up a little card, and dessert.  I used the Just Add Cake DS paper from SU, and used a decorative punch on the edge of the paper to create my rosette, the score marks at 1/4".  The base of the card is So Saffron, and I also used some Wild Wasabi behind the tag.  I used markers to color the cake from a stamp out of the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set.  I also used my favoirte stamp set Short and Sweet for the sentiment at the top, and finished it off with some Marina Mist grosgrain.

A lot of you already know I love to cook as well as stamp.  So, you may see a recipe or two show up on the ol' blog!  I decided to make Peanut Butter Pie from this website, and  can I tell you it was incredible!  So creamy and rich, and I don't even want to know how many calories were in this bad boy!  But, I decided if I used my little half pint jars, I could use the same rosette on top of my jar that I had used on her card.  Also, a little side note about the pie, it will make one large one, but she doesn't say how many small ones it will make.  If you were to use the same jars I have, I think you could easily get 8 - 10 servings from it.  I made 7, and had some filling left over, and totally could have made my crust thinner and not filled them as much.  It is a super rich pie!

Here's a close up of the top, I also added Stampin' Up's version of Stickles to the candle, but you can't really see it here.  Hope you try one of these techniques, even if it's the recipe for the pie!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, so much better for me to actually see it. Great Lolli!

    ReplyDelete