Sunday, November 2, 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 14

The next challenge is colored crackle.  I had a ton of fun with this one!  So many different ways to use this technique, but I decided to go with a Fall/Gratitude theme.  Here's my finished project:

 
I wanted to add lots of layers and a lot of texture.  The frame was a four dollar find at Michael's, can't beat a bargain!  I used Antique Bronze Distress Spray on the background paper, and on the leaf.  Love the little extra touch of glitz!  The Trellis framework die was cut from grungeboard, and painted and then distressed with ink.  I used cork, vintage foil, and paint to adorn the pieces inside. 
Here's a close up of the leaf, it was mounted on a cabinet card.
 
 
I used a piece of Wallflower paper for the background, and thought it needed a little extra something, so I used the Clockworks layering stencil to add some extra interest to it.
 
 
The Funkie Junkie is the sponsor of this challenge.  Thanks for looking!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love the autumn colors. The muted background colors really make that leaf 'pop'. Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous crackled leaf, and so beautifully done! Thank you so much for playing along with us on the Colored Crackle challenge at CC3Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leaf and the 'grateful' is an amazing accent! Wonderful Job Mrs. Kriss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colored crackle leaf is beautiful and that "grateful" at the bottom is the perfect touch!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this project, Kriss! The leaf turned out perfectly and I love the use of the block letters. What a great home decor piece for the season. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that leaf is amazing and such a great idea to frame it this way. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Your leaf is spectacular! Love the Grateful as well...lovely piece. Thank so much for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete