I have had very good intentions of playing along, and even wanted to create a book to hold the tags in, but this is the first one I've actually done within the same month! Tim used his new Distress Stain Sprays on the tag, and I'll really didn't want to like them, because it would be just one more thing I would have to have, and unfortunately, I liked them! I didn't have the exact products and stamps Tim used, but I'm proud of myself for improvising and not thinking I had to run out and purchase the exact same things! Not that I don't already own quite a good stash anyway! Here's my finished tag:
I really love how it turned out! It was fun using the texture paste with the layering stencil for the background, and my color isn't quite the same, but sometimes I like just the first layer of color, and worry by adding more I'll muddy it and ruin the affect. I used the Halloween Blueprint stamp set, and had to improvise with my accessories at the top. I used Black Soot Distress Paint to tone down my Silver Tinsel, but learned in my class with Tammy Tutterow today I could have used alcohol ink with better results. I'm still happy with it, and really excited to participate in the same month!