Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tim Holtz Assemblage Clock

Last weekend while we were camping, I was finally able to work on my assemblage clock.  Most of you know I have a thing for some of Tim Holtz's products, and when I saw this in the Spring, I just knew I had to buy one and give it a try!  I used watercolor paper for the butterfly, and for the background papers.  I felt it would be a better medium to use my blender pen to color in the butterfly and also to create a mottled paper for the background.  I used Pool Party, Island Indigo and Pear Pizzazz for my colors.  The butterfly is a stamp I've had for many years, and love the detail in it.  For the background paper, I used my re-inkers in Pear and Indigo to create a mottled affect with water and a paint brush, and then waited for it to dry, and ran it through my Big Shot with the wallpaper embossing folder.  The finishing touch was using some seam binding with the re-inkers and paint brush again to be sure everything matched.
I also used the swirled flower image from Creative Elements with my white Staz-On to add a little extra to the outside glass.  The unmounted stamp worked really well for this, because I could bend it to conform to the edge of the glass. Below is a close up pic of the glass so you can better see this detail.  It's very pretty in person, there's a lot of bling and sparkle going on!


No comments:

Post a Comment